Thursday, April 24, 2014

Drammen til Oslo

Leaving my uncle and aunt's place and heading up to Oslo with my cousin this evening!

Breakfast:
Apple
Bread w/smoked salmon
(My aunt wanted me to try eat a more "Norwegian breakfast". The smoked salmon here is a lot better than the "Norwegian smoked salmon" that we get in America; this actually tastes like salmon and it's nicely flavoured. It's comparable to the one Kelly and I had during our picnic several weeks ago, so the extreme saltiness is probably an American thing.)
Snack while shopping:
Nougat w/nuts (ate a small piece)
(I think I like this nougat better than the one I tried in Australia although both are extremely sweet. The texture is comparable to a stale marshmellow but I can't quite place the flavour.)
Late lunch:
Melon & passionfruit yogurt
Blueberries
Mexican fiesta-flavoured peanuts (ate some)
(Extremely salty. I dont think it's very "Mexican fiesta-esque" but the bag is cute!)
Grapes
BBQ Dinner Spread:
It's always BBQ time. 
The almost finished product.
Some of the spread: salmon, various meats (chicken, pork, beef), corn, Viet turnip & carrot salad
Chinese spinach sauteed w/garlic
Dinner:
Boiled potato, Viet turnip & carrot salad, grilled salmon (2)
(I'm eating more fish in the past two days than I have in the past six months! I'm really picky about how my fish is cooked/uncooked, but strangely, I've liked all the fish I've consumed since arriving in Norway.) 
Grilled potato, Viet turnip & carrot salad, Chinese spinach sauteed w/garlic
(I ate a lot of the salad and spinach. Not a big fan of garlic, but it balanced out the sweet and sourness from the salad nicely.)
Watermelon (ate some)
Evening nibbles:
Mini "apples", grapes, sour cream & onions- flavoured chips, Spanish paprika-flavoured chips
Dates (3)
Chocolate (ate half of each)

No comments :

Post a Comment