Sunday, December 22, 2013

Byron Bay

Short road trip to Byron Bay today! It's more of a tourist beach town and used to be filled with hippies.

Breakfast:
Green tea, iced peppermint, lemon & ginger tea, passionfruit yogurt w/spinach, banana, pineapple & cereal, mangoes
(I've missed breakfast spreads!)
Snack:
Red plum
Drink at the Beach Hotel Bar, Byron Bay, Australia:
Black beer
(Not bad. I think this is Monteith's black beer, but I'm not sure because my cousin's husband bought it. I just told him to get the darkest beer on tap, and I guess this was it.)
Sip of my cousin's apple cider
(I'm used to non-alcoholic apple cider, but apple cider here is a light beer. Wasn't a big fan of this because it's too bubbly and tastes like diluted apple juice w/no sugar added. I don't even like apple juice in general.)
Drink:
Iced peppermint, lemon & ginger tea
(The beach resort I'm staying at opens to a beautiful, relatively empty beach that stretches on and on. There's barely any birds, the terrain is pretty flat and the sand is pretty soft. So the beach pretty much met most of my "perfect" conditions and I took full advantage of that, running around 15k in the morning. What I somewhat forgot was that my knee is still recovering and I haven't ran in awhile. So now I'm mildly disabled and was gulping down glasses of iced tea to "ice" parts of my right leg.)

No comments :

Post a Comment