Monday, December 02, 2013

Queenstown, Day Two

03 Dec

Bumming around the hostel and immediate area today, since I feel twinges of pain around my knee. I should have known better than to leave all of my braces back in Melbourne, knowing my klutzy tendencies. 

Breakfast:
Coffee w/oat milk, chocolate banana pudding w/goji berries

Snack:
Manuka honey & cashews cereal w/oat milk
This cereal is really good! I need to bring several boxes back home. Too bad I can't find them in Australia, because I have several stops there before finally heading back to Melbourne. 

Snack from Fergburger, Queenstown, South Island, New Zealand:
Holier than Thou: tempured tofu with a spicy satay, coconut & coriander sauce, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber, snow pea shoots & aioli
Had to visit here because John said he had the best burger of his life here. They had a range of options, from your usual beef patty to deer to steak and chicken, but there were only two vegetarian options: tofu and falafel. I chose the tofu just because of the name and had them put extra chili sauce and no satay sauce (coconut allergy). What came out was this ginourmous burger, as big as my head, and fit for two. It took me two hours to finish this monster, but John was right - it was very delicious. The bun was freshly toasted, soft and chewy in all the right places and delightfully crunchy around the edges. I don't like onions, but have to admit that their tangy flavour complemented the chili sauce well. The tofu didn't have any seasoning, but the fresh veggies and sauces more than made up for the blandness, so the tofu was more of a textural aspect. 

Snack from CookieTime, Queenstown, South Island, New Zealand:
Chocolate chip & chocolate fudge cookie ice cream sandwich w/cookies & cream ice cream
Warm cookies and ice cream. That is all. And now I have to cut back on dairy consumption. 

Snack:
English breakfast tea, mixed greens salad w/roasted pumpkin & kumara hummus

Snack:
Hot chocolate protein, earl grey tea

Snack:
Manuka honey & cashew cereal w/chocolate protein powder & oat milk, mixed greens

Snack:
Manuka honey & cashew cereal, peanuts, dried goji berries, dried apricots & chocolate protein powder w/oat milk

No comments :

Post a Comment