Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Today did not feel like Christmas at all.

Breakfast:
Green smoothie (spinach, celery, chocolate protein powder, pb, banana), blueberry yogurt w/cereal, green tea
Sample:
Candied kumquat (ate a bite)
(Too sweet.)
Christmas Lunch Party:
The menu.
All the dishes.
(My cousin wanted me to do something with the napkins so I folded them into stars, trees and an elf shoe! Festive, right?)
The desserts featuring Australia's beloved pavlova.
  My Christmas Lunch:
Apple, mango & spinach salad, beer
(I wasn't a big fan of the menu so I ended up making my own dish. Chef's special! Hah.)
Crab carisma potato salad
(I did try the potato salad, but it was a bit too acidic and I don't like crab and cheese.)
Cucumber & carrot (basically ate all the ones on the table)
  Christmas Dessert:
Pavlova (ate a bite, gave the rest to my cousin), mango chunks (ate a lot of these)
(Pavlova is already sweet, but this one was ridiculously sweet. I tried pavlova when I first came to Australia, and I think that the only reason why I liked that one was because it wasn't overly sweet and there was lots of fruits and chocolate. This one was blatantly very sweet meringue with even sweeter cream.) 
Carrot cake (didn't eat the frosting)
(Very sweet, but not bad.)
Snack:
Blueberry yogurt w/cereal
Snack:
Rice wrap filled w/lettuce, vermicelli noodles, cucumber & spinach (3)
Late night dessert:
Warm carrot cake w/vanilla ice cream & macadamia honey ice cream

No comments :

Post a Comment