Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Happy birthday Caitlin and Wendy!!!

Drove from Fox Glacier to Greymouth today and made tons of little stops. It's all starting to look alike, even if the landscapes are gorgeous.

Breakfast:
Dried apricots
Snack from Picnics European Bakery, Franz Josef Glacier, South Island, New Zealand:
Chocolate chip rock biscuit
(Rock biscuits are apparently an English thing, a cross between a biscuit and cake. The exterior ring is biscuit-like, crunchy and slightly crumbly, but the inside resembles a dry cake. I don't think I'm a big fan.)

Snack from Sweet Alice's Fudge Kitchen, Hokitika, South Island, New Zealand:
Kiwifruit banana-based ice cream
(BANANA BASED! I was so excited about this! Alice, the store owner, got equally excited because people always "give her weird looks" for having banana-based ice cream. Yum. I miss my blender.)
Snack (provided by the hostel):
1/2 creamy chicken pie (picked out all of the chicken), spaghetti pineapple pizza
(Strangest combination ever, but I kind of liked the pizza. At first I thought it was ham pieces but then I realised that ham couldn't be stringy. The pie was too salty and creamy. I like fruit pies.)
Spaghetti pineapple pizza, tea
(So intrigued by this!)
Snack:
Homemade granola bar from Freya
(Homemade is always the best kind.)
Late night snack:
1/2 creamy broccoli pie

No comments :

Post a Comment