Friday, December 20, 2013

Matamata to Auckland to Brisbane

Well, my three week NZ stint is ending! Spent several hours walking around Auckland Central, but my backpack's a bit too cumbersome. So I'm heading to the airport four hours early.

Breakfast:
Pear
Snack:
Rest of the grapes
Snack:
Rest of the bread
I forgot that I already deleted the photo from my phone to free up some space, so there's no photo. 

Snack from Flavour Tokyo Delicatessen, Atrium on Elliot Food Court, Auckland, North Island, New Zealand:
Salmon sashimi salad (w/rice balls, cream cheese cubes & sweet + sour "dressing")
(I think the only meat I've really eaten in awhile is salmon sashimi. I think it's because salmon sashimi tastes like avocado to me, and the avocados here aren't as good as California's. Plus, sushi  is street food here (so it's relatively cheap) compared to back home so I'm going to indulge for a bit. But I really want some avocado, cubed watermelon and tomato kale salad. Like really want.)

Snack:
Pear
(The last of my food! Now I just have a ton of protein powder. Although, to get through customs faster I might just chuck it in the rubbish. It tastes terrible, but I feel bad about wasting money.)
Snack from Shaky Isles, Auckland International Airport, Auckland, North Island, New Zealand:
Carrot bulgar salad, pumpkin & feta salad
(Definitely will recreate the pumpkin & feta salad again. The flavours and textures were amazing! Delicious salad, with the perfect balance of light and hearty.)
Meal on the plane (provided by China Airlines):
Bread, steamed veggies, rice topped w/silvered almonds, chicken curry (didn't eat the chicken), OJ, fruit salad, kiwifruit shortbread biscuits
(I really enjoyed the kiwifruit shortbread! Perhaps I should have bought some in NZ. And the bread was surprisingly soft for airplane food.)
Late night beverage at Max Brenner at Portside Wharf, Brisbane, Australia:
Dark hot chocolate
(Back in Australia! I'm in Brisbane with my cousin and her family for the holidays. We caught up over some hot chocolate, even though it was 21 degrees C outside at 10PM.)

No comments :

Post a Comment