Monday, December 09, 2013

Lake Paringa to Fox Glacier

09 Dec

I feel like I'm on the set of LOST. It's weird. Also, I am being devoured by sand flies. Technically marked, since only females attack and they scratch your skin, pee in the wound and then drink your blood. Nasty. 

Breakfast:
Overnight muesli & cereal combination w/strawberries
(Basically mixed muesli, manuka honey & cashews cereal, chocolate protein powder and oat milk. This masks the weird taste of this protein powder.)
Snack from The Salmon Farm Cafe, Lake Paringa, South Island, New Zealand:
Smoked salmon sandwich
(I had to stop by the famous salmon farm and get some smoked salmon because a) it's a "must-stop" and b) it's technically my sister's birthday since we're Californians. She loves smoked salmon so this is my "celebration". The smoked salmon was good albeit a bit too salty, but there was mayo on the sandwich!!! I hate mayo. Ugh. I sat in my car scraping off the mayo for a good twenty minutes before attempting to eat the sandwich.)
Snack on the road:
Rest of the Cadbury dark chocolate w/almonds bar

Snack while waiting to check in:
Muesli & cereal mix w/oat milk
(Sorry, using the same photo because I have to save memory space.)
Snack while attempting to study in the car:
Rest of the kumara & carrot hummus w/mixed greens
(I had three hours until I could check-in and it is pouring outside. So I sat in my car and tried to study. I was also just eating the salad straight from the bag while scooping hummus with the little grated carrots. Passerbys gave me strange looks.)
Snack:
1/4 cucumber, strawberries
Snack:
"Overnight" muesli & cereal mixture w/strawberries
(This is good! The chocolate protein powder and oat milk combination gives this a creamy, cheesecake-esque texture so I felt like I was eating a deconstructed chocolate cheesecake. Definitely will make this again. Yum.)

No comments :

Post a Comment