Thursday, August 08, 2013

08 August 2013

Brekkie:
Oats, macadamia & honey cluster cereal w/almond milk, cinnamon & spoonful of pb
 Snack:
Pear
 Snack from Tutto, Carlton, Melbourne, Australia:
Salted caramel macaron (had one bite)
(So different than the macarons in America! The caramel flavour was very prominent with a subtle saltiness. I wasn't a big fan of the texture though; it was lacking the chewiness found in most macarons. The cookie was essentially just a shell.)
Black currant macaron (had one bite)
(The texture of this macaron was better but I wasn't a fan of the flavour. Too artificial and sweet.)
Snack from Helados Jauja, Carlton, Melbourne, Australia:
Cafe con leche gelato (+ samples of peach & lemon sorbet, dulce de leche y chocolate, chocolate exotico: chocolate w/rum & nuts)
(I found the first flavour I didn't like here! The peach and lemon sorbet was not well done. It was acceptable, but compared to the other flavours I've eaten here, it was quite lacking. The chocolate exotico was very rum-my. I like alcohol in some of my desserts, but that was like drinking rum while eating chocolate and nuts. While I enjoy dulce de leche occasionally, it was much too sweet for my preferences that afternoon. Finally settled on my usual: some kind of coffee-based ice cream. Sweet, savoury and bitter with just the right amount of caffeine. I loved how they make the leche and cafe separately because blending the two flavours with your tongue in each bite not only creates this fabulous blend but enhances the individual components.)
 Late dinner after the movies at Menya Ramen, Melbourne CBD, Melbourne, Australia:
Terriyaki chicken  with rice (traded my mushrooms for Audrey's bell peppers, ate about 1/3 of this bowl)
(Was going to get ramen, but it was late and I knew I wouldn't finish the entire portion. Rice is better for takeaway. Got the terriyaki chicken at Audrey's recommendation and it was pretty good! A bit too sweet at times and a bit too salty at times as well, but overall nice. The portion was enormous; I was so full and yet only put a dent in the bowl. While I wish there had been more vegetables, the ratio of toppings to rice was great! Not too saucy but not too dry either. The chicken was also nice and tender.)
All mixed together!

No comments :

Post a Comment