Saturday, August 24, 2013

24 August 2013

I woke up and told myself to go run, said it would be over in thirty minutes and afterward I could spend the day in pajamas. But then I got inspired and ended up running 10.4k within an hour (and there were hills)! THIS IS GREAT. Man, I need to do this more often. I'm still energized from this run.

ENDORPHINS HIGH BRUNCH:
Banana cinnamon chocolate walnut oatmeal w/a strawbery
(Another brunch in bed. New twist to my Amherst "Sundays".)
 Late lunch:
Boiled cabbage w/black sesame mashed potato, peas & corn
(I had a potato and didn't know what to do with it. Regular potatoes have no flavour to me, so I decided to just mash the one potato I had and since I don't buy salt, I added black sesame powder as a flavour enhancer. Dude, it works. Sounds weird and I was even skeptical, but it worked.)
Snack:
Cabbage, corn & tomato soup
(I was a bit hestiant to try this, knowing what it looked like before the simmering, but it's actually not bad! Perhaps a bit acquired, but definitely something I might make again. Well, if I had a grilled cheese sandwich or actual pasta I might make this again, otherwise probably not. I think I added too much cayenne pepper so this is more of a spicy tomato-based sauce with corn; the cabbage is my "pasta". Quite spicy, but the tomatoes add a slightly sweet tartness.)
Late night snack:
Walnuts w/dark chocolate square (not pictured)

No comments :

Post a Comment