Monday, August 26, 2013

26 August 2013

Brunch from Carte Crêpes at Uni Melb, Parkville, Melbourne, Australia:
the 'snickers' crêpe (melted milk chocolate, salted caramel & pb) from Eddie
(This place is in such an obscure location. I wonder how their first customers ever found them. Anyway, these crêpes were advertised as French-style, but these were the thickest French-style crêpes I've ever had! Insanely buttery too, but I liked the chewiness. It reminds me of my high school French class actually, where we all had to make crêpes and sample each others. Fun times. I think it would have tasted better if the crêpe had been warmer, or if the chocolate had actually melted. They were generous with their fillings, but I wasn't expecting thin bars of chocolate from the description. However, the abundance of chocolate went nicely with the saltiness of the caramel, pb and butter. Good flavour balance, but definitely would have been more enjoyable if all the fillings melted together. Maybe I just like messy mixtures.)
The inside.
 Late lunch:
Overnight chilled oats w/black sesame powder, cayenne pepper & black pepper (ate about half)
(More savoury than sweet, but I really enjoyed it. Actually had a really nutty taste, so it was like eating spiced nuts instead of oatmeal.)
 Snack:
Rest of the overnight chilled oats
Snack:
Some prunes
Chunk of "light" cheese
(From A Devil Wears Prada: "...when I feel like I'm about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese..."; I haven't been able to eat chunks of cheese without hearing Emily's voice in my head since watching that film.)

No comments :

Post a Comment