Sunday, August 11, 2013

11 August 2013

Brunch (bought it from Breadtop, Melbourne, Australia yesterday):
Baked pork bun (picture taken yesterday when the bun was fresh)
Inside (taken today before consumption)
Snack:
Warm malted choco2 chunk walnut cookie (2)
 Snack:
Warm chocolate chunk cookie (2) w/chai tea
Late afternoon snack:
 Spiced peach "crisp" pancakes topped w/Greek yogurt, a bit of pb, cinnamon, a bit of cayenne pepper & a teensy peach "crisp" pancake
Snack:
Pitted date
 Dinner:
Leftover chicken terriyaki w/rice from Thursday, celery stick
(I needed more veggies in my life and was too lazy to actually cut the celery. So I just washed a stick and broke it into more manageable portions. I love it when celery is all fresh and crisp! Man, I just love celery. And carrots. I could probably live off of celery and carrots. Mmm.)
 Snack:
Pitted dates, prunes, "light" cheese (what kind of cheese is "light" cheese?)
(Don't know what kind of cheese that was, but I have a huge block of it and it's mildly sharp so I think it's some form of cheddar. At least it kind of tastes like cheddar... I'm nowhere near a turophile so I should probably confirm that not every mass-produced, relatively cheap block of cheese is cheddar if it tastes mildly sharp and doesn't look like any of the other well-known cheeses. I mean, the block of cheese was right next to the regular cheddar cheeses so for now I'll just call it some sort of cheddar. Regardless, the mild sharpness contrasted quite nicely with the dates and prunes. A soft goat cheese or brie would have tasted way better with the dates, but I'll take what I just ate. I think this needs an apple or pear - even though I know this pairing won't even compare to the one with the prima donna cheese I had awhile ago.)

No comments :

Post a Comment