Friday, August 09, 2013

Peach "Crisp"

Canned peaches here are not the same as fresh peaches. I was somewhat hoping they'd be mildly similar but canned peaches don't even come close!

I also wanted to make a cobbler, but couldn't bake so the pastry part wouldn't have been able to cook properly. Hence the "crisp" that still didn't turn out the way I wanted to. Such a sad Friday Fun Day.

At least it tastes alright! Bit too sugary for my tastes, but it reminds me of the peaches & cream oatmeal packets. So I think I'll continue eating this with yogurt and potentially almond milk. Maybe I can incorporate some of it into a pancake batter...
The darn canned peaches.
Heated the peaches, sugar, water and cinnamon.
Added some flour because I didn't have cornstarch.
Melted some butter for the topping.
Added some sugar and cinnamon. Ugh, that looks vile.
Added the oats and flour.
Attempted to brown the oats. Burnt a few, but at least they're mildly crunchy.
Added the topping to the filling.
After simmering the pan for a bit.
Sampling it with some "frozen" Greek yogurt and cinnamon.

No comments :

Post a Comment