Sunday, August 18, 2013

18 August 2013

It's University of Melbourne's Open Day! I wanted to go around and grab more free book bags, but the wind was insane.

Brunch from Yogurddiction truck, Melbourne, Australia:
Plain frozen yogurt w/strawberries & granola (+sample of strawberry frozen yogurt)
(The tartness was decent, but it wasn't as creamy as I would have liked. More on the icy side. I heard the frozen yogurt from here was one of the best in Melbourne, so I had to try it. Eh, I wasn't too pleased. Both flavours tasted fresh, but I'm too used to CA frozen yogurt shops. They need to add more culture to their yogurts and make it less icy somehow. Or perhaps the weather was just too cold and they forgot to factor in how the yogurt wouldn't melt before consumption.)
Snack from Melb Uni's Student Union:
Popcorn
(Ate most of it, but then it got really salty so I just threw it away. And the bag was only half full of the start, so I didn't eat that much. They really liked adding butter and cheese to their kernels.)
 Snack from Melb Uni's Arts Students Union:
Open-faced spinach & ricotta burger w/mustard & tomato paste
(Finally got one of these veggie burgers. The school is always having some sort of BBQ, but the veggie burgers always run out and I don't eat sausages. I kind of like them! The little bursts of ricotta cheese were a nice surprise within the spinach-based patty.)
Snack:
Strawberry
 Snack:
Strawberry w/malted choco pb
(Wow this is really good.)
 Snack:
Hot black sesame almond milk
(Mmm reminds me of the first time I drank black sesame milk tea at Karen's house. She made me some in this huge bowl-cup and I was hooked.)
 Snack:
Cabbage, potato, carrot & ham soup
(Yum I love soup. Sweet and savoury, with a hint of spice. I don't normally eat much meat or cook with meat, so I'm pleasantly pleased at how nicely this ham is contributing to my soup.)
Snack:
Cabbage, potato, carrot & ham soup
 Late night (around 10PM) snack:
Oats & berry cluster cereal w/almond milk & a strawberry
(The last of my cereal! I'm not allowing myself to buy more cereal for several weeks because I get way too addicted.)
 Snack:
Strawberry
(The strawberries here are pretty good! I like how they're more normal sized than the ones in America.)

No comments :

Post a Comment