Saturday, August 24, 2013

Cabbage Tomato Corn "Soup"

So much cabbage...
Used half of it in the soup from last week and this much is still left!
Boiled a few leaves first and made this black sesame mashed potato with peas & corn for lunch:
I don't think I've ever had raw cabbage.
I've never cooked a potato this way before, but more surface area = faster.
Added in some frozen peas & corn to the mashed potato.
Added some black sesame powder, almond milk, black pepper and a teensy bit of butter.
But I still had this much left over:
A sink full of cabbage.
It won't even fit in the largest cooking utensil I have available!
So I decided to make some cabbage and corn soup:
Boiled the canned corn kernals.
Added it to the boiled cabbage. I later managed to fit the entire sink of cabbage inside this wok.
But that looked boring, and tomatoes sounded like it'd be good. And I had a bottle of pureed tomatoes, so why not?
Haven't bought tomato sauce in so long. But since the only ingredient is tomato, I decided to go for it.
Hopefully this is a good decision...
I have to admit, I didn't want to eat this after seeing it. Seriously looks like slop. Quite afraid to taste it.
I just let it simmer for about an hour or two to prolong the tasting.
Doesn't look too bad anymore... if I had pasta or a grilled cheese sandwich this would probably taste pretty good. Actually, it's a bit acquired but it's not bad at all. I might have also added a bit too much cayenne pepper so it's like spicy tomato-based pasta sauce with cabbage as the "noodles".

No comments :

Post a Comment