Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Cairns, Day One

Went to Port Douglas, Cape Tribulation and the Daintree Rainforest today!

Breakfast:
Several gulps of apple & carrot juice
(Running out of memory space on my phone, camera and USB stick, so I have to re-use photos.)
Cashews (2)
(Almost done with this bag of cashews!)
Snack:

Lemon candy from Tom
Snack:
Apple
(I wanted to get the pretty background in too, but the camera focused on the bg instead of the apple.)
Snack on the bus:
Chocolate chip biscuit (all the biscuits were from the bus driver)
Tiny bite of this Anzac biscuit
(Wanted to try this since I read about their history with the Australian army. Unfortunately, there's a lot of desiccated coconut in here and that's the form of coconut that I'm most allergic to. For some reason, desiccated coconut will cause my throat to constrict faster than any other form of coconut - even fresh coconut! So I was really happy when the bus driver handed these out. I wasn't a fan, but maybe that's because the coconut irritated me.)
Lunch at Cape Tribulation Beach House, Cape Tribulation, Queensland, Australia:
Olive focaccia bread
Pasta w/pesto, olives, cherry tomatoes, spinach & parmesan cheese (didn't finish)
(For some reason, vegetarian dishes always mean pasta. At least the pesto and cheese were good. It was very garlicky.)
Fruit platter (shared w/the table)
(Best part of the meal!)
Some of Clare and Shenshen's barramundi
(The non-fried one tasted like Asian steamed fish.)
Snack:
Chocolate candy from Clare
Snack:
Chocolate chip biscuit
Dinner:
Cashews (2)
Several gulps of apple & ginger juice
Several gulps of apple & carrot juice

No comments :

Post a Comment