Sunday, October 27, 2013

27 October 2013

Breakfast:
Ginger tea, coffee w/almond milk, blueberry & apple crumble (feat. some GORP & cereal blend)
(I rolled my left ankle twice on Friday and had an especially bad one yesterday, so I figured that it wouldn't really be prudent for me to go run this morning. Anyway, I couldn't decide on what I wanted to eat or drink, so I jumbled everything together - and doesn't it look fantastic? Smelled so autumn-esque. I'm kind of obsessed with apple crumbles right now and the GORP and cereal blend add an amazing range of flavours and textures to the standard oats topping. Mmm. I could eat this all day long.)
Snack:
Sweet potato & carrot soup w/raw oats (added in a splash of almond milk for creaminess)
(Another fall treat! Except it's spring here. Added some almond milk to make the soup creamier and some cinnamon because I love cinnamon. The raw oats were added because I felt like I was just drinking a smoothie and I wanted the soup to have a bit more substance. Good texture contrast though.)
Snack:
Almonds
Snack:
Chickpea & lentil spaghetti w/zucchini pasta & black pepper
Snack:
Mixed berries w/raw oats & vanilla soy yogurt
(I always want to top my crumbles with the yogurt, but it's really sweet and the crumble is already fantastic on its own. These berries are a bit on the sour side since I picked out all the blueberries, so the soy yogurt was a nice pairing. I just realised how summery the colours in this bowl are! Love it.)
Snack:
Coffee quinoa oatcake w/vanilla soy yogurt
(It's late, but I needed to finish several problems and had some coffee left in my ramekin. So I added in oatmeal and quinoa, microwaved the mixture and topped it with soy yogurt. Actually tasted pretty good and I loved the crunchiness from the quinoa.)
Snack:
Blueberry banana quinoa oatcake w/vanilla soy yogurt
(More late night snacking. This time I used the Charlie spirulina smoothie as my liquid and tossed in some blueberries. Bit strange, but it was all fruity so it worked.)
Snack:
Frozen blueberries (and a bit of raspberries & blackberries) w/almond milk & teensy bit of almond butter
(I remember eating bowls of this last summer (or was it two summers ago?) when my mother went crazy with the blueberries. Marie is a genius. This is so delicious.)

No comments :

Post a Comment