Monday, October 28, 2013

28 October 2013

Breakfast:
Banana coffee "milkshake", mixed berry & apple crumble (feat. cereal blend & sprouted quinoa)
(Totally loving my crumbles. I sprouted some quinoa last night and thought they'd be a perfect addition to my crumble; I was right. The textures and flavours in that bowl were to die for. I'm making quinoa a staple to my crumbles from now on. Anyway, I still had that jar of coffee overnight oats that I made maybe a week or more ago and three quarters of a frozen banana in my freezer. Felt like a milkshake and blended frozen bananas have the same consistency as soft-serve ice cream, so the timing was perfect. Had a mini-workout hand-blending the banana chunks, but it was so worth it. Another plus was that the overnight oats were sort of thick and goopy already, so I got to have a thick milkshake! Yum.)
Snack:
Several gulps of this juice
(I've been sipping on this or adding it into the sweet potato & carrot soup for the past week, but the juice seems to be never ending!)
Snack:
Last of the chickpea & lentil spaghetti w/zucchini pasta, black pepper & cayenne pepper
Snack:
Mixed berries w/quinoa, vanilla soy yogurt, raw oats & almonds
Snack:
Mixed berry quinoa oatcake w/a splash of almond milk & teensy bit of almond butter
Snack:
Spoonful of watermelon
(Finally cut open my watermelon! Love love love watermelon. I'm so excited about this.)
I haven't seen seeded watermelon since I was in primary school. What a hassle. Also, too lazy to cut the watermelon into slices (and I don't have enough storage containers) so I just spooned out the insides. Plus, I can also get rid of the seeds. I froze the other half of the watermelon. Can't wait for instant "popsicles"!
Few sips of my watermelon slush
(Yum. Put the rest in the freezer so that it'd be like a fresh slurpee of sorts.)
Refreshments at The Final Gong - End of Semester Gamelan Concert:
Pesto & cherry tomatoes pizza (from Domino's, didn't eat the crusts)
(I love pizza. This is a pretty good topping actually. The Domino's here have a wider range of toppings, but their pizzas are teensy! Everything here is much more portion controlled. Also, Domino's is still using the old crust recipe, as opposed to that new garlicky one in America.)
Celery & carrot sticks w/capsicum, cashew, tomato & basil spread (had a lot more than this picture)
(This spread was AMAZING. I could eat tubs of this. Mmm tasted like a creamy tomato sauce. I need to find it.)
Chocolate caramel bar, some kind of coconut nut blondie (ate a bite)
(The chocolate caramel bar was good, but I think it was more like caramel creme or something. The texture kind of reminded me of a pumpkin bar, but it didn't taste like pumpkin. I also didn't know that the blondie had coconut in it, so I didn't finish it.)
Chocolate chip cookie (2), mint cookie
1/3 of an original Tim Tam, green tea w/green soymilk
(I don't know why the soymilk was green. Perhaps there was pandan in it or something.)

No comments :

Post a Comment