Saturday, October 12, 2013

12 October 2013

Breakfast:
1/2 slice of pumpernickel rye bread w/pb
Snack from the Borek stall at Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne, Australia: 
Spicy potato & veggie borek
(Post-market shopping lunch! Apparently this is a must eat if you're at this market and for $3AUD, I can't complain. Cheap and oh so filling. It was literally never-ending. The pastry was really light and soft, with the perfect amount of fluffiness and chewiness. It was reminiscent of naan in taste, French-style baguettes in chewiness and a tortilla in thickness, but quite unique in both texture and taste. I'd eat it on its own. The filling was on the spicier side, which I loved, and was very hearty. Nathalie said it was kind of like curry.)
Bite of Nichole's spinach & cheese borek
(Same comments about the pastry. This filling was also very good! I couldn't think of the name at the time, but it was like Greek spanakopita. I actually prefer this one because it's a lot lighter than most of the spanakopitas I've had and I enjoy this pastry a lot more.)
Snack:
Pumpkin & sweet potato soup w/lettuce & black pepper
Snack:
Carrot w/cashews & pb
(I'm lazy! Rather than cut up the carrot, I'll just let my teeth do all the work. You know how sometimes people make "that face" when they're eating a large aviary drumstick with their hands? I do the same thing, except with large carrots. There's something so primal and visceral about chomping off a carrot.)
Studying Snack:
Pb oatmeal cookie w/almond milk
(I poured on the almond milk right after I took this cookie out of the microwave so it was all bubbly and hissing. That's probably my favourite part of this particular cookie eating process. But what's even more awesome is that the cookie is so hot that it heats up the milk immediately. Warm cookie and milk. Mm, such a good studying snack.)

No comments :

Post a Comment