Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

No Trick-or-Treating this year! :( I miss all the free candy already.

Also forcing myself to stop drinking coffee so I'm super grumpy and experiencing all kinds of pain right now. How did I manage to get addicted to coffee within a week?!

Breakfast:
Blueberry & apple quinoa crumble
(No more cereal! But that's okay, because the quinoa added the crunch I wanted. Still smelled heavenly and tasted like bliss. Nourishment for the soul.)
Snack:
Banana-flavoured mung bean quinoa oat-muffin
(Also finally finished that bottle of Charlie's spirulina smoothie juice. I'm really into this quinoa crunch thing. I used to only eat it sprouted or cooked, but I kind of like it just tossed in. Actually, I haven't seen any web source that recommended that but quinoa's a seed and as long as I make sure that it's washed, I should be able to eat it, right? Sprouted quinoa is essentially raw quinoa... oh well. Let's hope nothing is going to grow in my stomach.)
Snack:
Frozen watermelon w/almond milk topped w/watermelon
(DELICIOUS. Such a great summer snack, even though Melbourne still feels like I'm taking an ice bath inside a freezer. Why Melbourne, why?!
Edit: I stepped out today, the day after Halloween, and it was actually pretty warm. I guess my flat's just really cold.)
Snack:
Quinoa pb oatmeal cookie
(I found this packet several weeks ago but finally remembered about it again! Ah, the good ole days... I will never take Val's unlimited supply of these pb packets ever again. Anyway, I used about a third of the packet to make a fulfilling cookie. Mmm. The quinoa really enhances the nuttiness of the pb and adds a much needed crunch.)
Snack:
Chupa Chups cola-flavoured lolly
(This was from the Cairns spring break trip; the bus driver was running late for lunch and was afraid we'd pass out so he handed us cookies and lollies. I ate the cookies, but I'm not a big lollipop person so I still had this in my bag. Figured it'd be a nice way to celebrate Halloween. And for your information, only the first ten licks were good. I felt sick toward the end and just tossed the stick. Still not really into lollipops. I think the only hard candies I like are the Asian coffee-flavoured ones, hard caramels and licorice suckers. I can't recall any others at the top of my head.)
Snack:
Mung bean drink
(Add some sugar, vanilla and other spices and you've got a traditional Vietnamese dessert! I did add a bit of the vanilla sugar from Daniel and Winnie's care package, so this actually tasted quite authentic!)

No comments :

Post a Comment