Friday, October 11, 2013

11 October 2013

Breakfast:
1/2 slice of pumpernickel rye bread, several sips of this juice (carrot, apple, orange & ginger)
Snack:
Blueberry scroll
(Was in the bakery section of the market and this looked good. It's sort of like a cinnamon roll without the cinnamon. Okay, so it's basically a sweet bread roll with blueberries and sumatras with some kind of icing. That cinnamon sugary glaze on the inside isn't there, but at least the roll was soft and fluffy. Whatever. It was good and freakishly huge. Like my entire loaf of pumpernickel bread is as big as this scroll. That's yeast for ya though. And it made my walk back home quite enjoyable. I like eating more processed foods while I'm walking. Makes me feel slightly better, la di da. I'm slightly off-kilter right now because instead of my usual morning workout, I decided to erg for half an hour. This doesn't sound like a lot, but I really don't like ergging. And for some reason, the erg looked especially enticing today. And it wasn't so bad- I was jamming to Eminem and looking at the cloudy Melbourne sky - but then five minutes passed and I was just like, kill me now.  Anyway, so now I'm on a I-can't-believe-I-ergged-shoot, I-actually-ergged-over-running high.)
Snack:
Frozen mixed berries, frozen banana slices & cashews w/pb & almond milk
(THIS WAS AMAZING. So I went into my local nut store again, and got some more raw cashews and almonds along with this mixed nut spread and fresh pb. The guy makes the pb every morning, and let me tell you, this is the BEST PB I'VE EVER TASTED. Like, oh-my-frogs-on-a-stick-monkeys-in-a-blender (pulling a Shannon here) I kid you not, this peanut butter could end relationships.  The only ingredient is peanuts, but this guy's peanut butter machine is worship-worthy. I make nut butters at home all the time, and I've tasted a ton of different brands, but I've never had a peanut butter like this. It was soft, fluffy, rich and creamy - making it seem like there were other ingredients but nope. Only peanuts. I've been known to eat way more than a serving of pb, but this was so rich that I actually can't. I still can't believe that only peanuts are in this, because this butter is so fluffy that I want to just pet it. I sound nuts right now, but seriously, I'm awestruck by this peanut butter.)
Snack:
Pumpkin & sweet potato soup w/lettuce
(NO PLACE SELLS CANNED PUMPKIN. Literally impossible to find here. But I found some relatively "fresh" pumpkin soup. Tasted more like ginger, but it was still good.)
Snack:
Pb, spirulina fruit smoothie (Charlie's: apple juice, banana, OJ, apple, kiwifruit & spirulina)
(Couldn't resist having more pb. I really miss my "green" (they always turn out blue cause I tend to add blueberries) smoothies so I tried Charlie's. Tasted like banana juice. I guess blended veggies don't really get a good rep here.)
Snack:
Pb & lemon myrtle dark chocolate oatmeal "cake" w/cashews & almonds
(Friday Funday! And I love cake. Well, I guess this is more muffin-esque. But it resembled a cake enough for me.)
Snack:
Tomato tabbouleh salad w/a bit of cayenne pepper
(Decided to be a bit healthier. Plus the sweet tomatoes cut down the acidity of the tabbouleh salad quite well.)
Snack:
Pb & lemon myrtle dark chocolate oatmeal "cookie"
(Essentially the same thing as my oatmeal "cake" except less wet ingredients and spread out onto a plate. Looks gross, but tasted great!)
Snack:
1/2 lemon myrtle dark chocolate piece
(Gave Miffy a piece to try but she didn't like it so I finished the rest for her.)

No comments :

Post a Comment