Tuesday, October 29, 2013

29 October 2013

Happy National Oatmeal Day! Yesterday was one of several National Chocolate Days, but I didn't have any chocolate to celebrate.

Breakfast:
Coffee quinoa oatmeal cake w/vanilla soy yogurt
Snack:
Blueberry crumble w/a bit of almond butter & vanilla soy yogurt
(Last of the soy yogurt! Went beautifully with the blueberry crumble.)
Snack:
Sweet potato & carrot soup w/black pepper
Snack:
Watermelon slushie
(So good and refreshing! If only it were warmer...)
Snack:
Mung bean & quinoa oatmeal cookie
(Used almond butter to stick the ingredients together. Loved the crunchy texture and nutty flavour.)
Snack:
Mung bean & almond oatmeal cookie
(So then I decided to add in actual almonds. This made it taste more like a trail mix bar.)
Snack:
Dried mango (2)
(Divine. I love mangoes.)
Snack:
Dried mango (2)
Snack:
Dried mango w/almond butter
(My last piece! So so so delicious with almond butter.)
Snack:
Frozen watermelon piece (2)
(Like a popsicle! Sweet, icy and refreshing. Yum.)
Snack:
Rice cracker
(Got this at the gamelan concert I attended with Nathalie. No wonder where the people got it from, but this is one of my favourite Asian crackers so I had to grab a package!)
Snack:
Lots of frozen watermelon pieces
(My fingers were practically frozen from picking out pieces, but it was so worth it. And yes, I basically just put half of a watermelon into the freezer. Biodegradable storage!)
Snack:
Mung bean, lentil & black bean quinoa patty
Snack:
Citrus-flavoured mung bean & quinoa oatcake
(Since mung beans don't really have a strong flavour, I just added in some of the carrot ginger OJ as my wet ingredient and the cake picked up a subtle citrusy flavour! Sounds weird and looks gross, but tasted pretty good! The oatcake is more like those rice cakes that people have been eating with pb or a chocolate spread, so visualise a cracker instead of a cake.)

No comments :

Post a Comment