Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Happy birthday Shannon!!!

I hope you eat a lot of (raw) fish, Roomie! :)

Also, THANK YOU DANIEL & WINNIE!!! You guys are awesome and just made my entire week, probably my entire exam period (perfect timing - finals are about to commence!). Thank you so so much!

Breakfast:
1/2 slice of pumpernickel rye bread w/pb, several sips of this juice
Snack during lecture:
Piece of authentic Swiss Toblerone from Nathalie
(Don't really know what the difference is, but maybe this is a little less sweet?)

Snack:
Banana
Snack:
Swiss milk chocolate w/almonds from Nathalie
(I can see why this is Nathalie's favourite chocolate brand! So good.)
Swiss dark chocolate from Nathalie
(I love dark chocolate.)
Snack:
Fancy GORP from Daniel & Winnie
(AHHHH SO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. I've really missed simple "American" snacks and couldn't wait before digging in. I remember first hearing the term GORP during my orientation camping/kayaking trip and thinking it was such a strange term for trail mix, but I kind of like the term now. I also love this particular blend! Thank you so much!)
More fancy GORP from Daniel & Winnie
(Couldn't help it. The crystallised ginger and pistachio and dried fruits and pecans and almond and ... gah. Deliciousness.)
 Snack:
Asparagus
(Had to eat some greens before I devoured everything in my care package.)
Snack:
Sweet potato oatmeal "cake" w/almond butter (from Daniel & Winnie!)
(I've missed good almond butter! Australians don't know their almonds. If I could have melted on the spot, I might have. I swear I made this just to slather on the almond butter. Mmm. But seriously, sweet potato + cinnamon + almond butter is a winning combination. Try it and prepare to be blown away.)
Snack:
Carrot cake oatmeal
(My one-chick birthday celebration for Shannon! Made this carrot cake oatmeal out of a shredded large carrot, some quick oats (since that's more grounded than regular oatmeal), cinnamon, the vanilla sugar from Daniel & Winnie, dried sultanas from Daniel & Winnie's GORP bag, a bit of almond milk and topped it with some almond butter from Daniel & Winnie. Hearty, filling and oh so yummy. I might just make another mixture but turn it into overnight oats for tomorrow's breakfast.)

1 comment :