Thursday, October 03, 2013

Great Barrier Reef!

I finally got to see a part of the Great Barrier Reef today (only the inner water parts; I get too seasick)!!! It's been over a decade, but my third grade goal has finally been accomplished.

Breakfast:
Cashews (2)
(Finished all of the cashews!)

Several gulps of apple & carrot juice
(One litre of juice is a lot.)
Snack:
Tea
(Would have drank the coffee, but I would have been hopping all over the place. Eek! So excited to go snorkeling.)
Buffet lunch on board the ship:
Mixed greens, lots of watermelon, beetroot, corn, grated cheese, cucumber & tomato feta salad, pineapple & veggie pasta bake
(See? Vegetarian dishes always signify some sort of pasta dish here. Whatever, it was good. A bit creamy, but tasted delicious with the watermelon.)
Watermelon, pineapple, cucumber & tomato feta salad, veggie pasta bake, beef curry w/wholemeal bread
(Went back half an hour later to grab more watermelon and pineapple. The curry tasted like the Viet beef stew I used to eat so that was kind of nice.)
Watermelon, cucumber & tomato feta salad, beef curry w/wholemeal bread, veggie pasta bake, corn, stir-fry noodles
(About an hour later. I didn't eat all three dishes in one sitting - that would have been a feat, but then I would have probably ended up feeding the fish later. Wasn't a fan of the stir-fry noodles.)
Snack:
Apple & carrot juice
Snack:
Banana walnut bread slice
(I like that they have sour cream in here instead of butter. I still think I make better banana bread.)
Snack:
Mango & passionfruit frozen yogurt, banana walnut bread slice
(I want ice cream so badly. Why is it not Friday?! This frozen yogurt was really good though!)
 Snack:
Apple & carrot juice (finished the rest of it!)
Snack:
Banana walnut bread slice w/Chobani apple cinnamon Greek yogurt
(I must be more famished than I thought, but I guess the buffet went toward the three hour snorkeling and the bread went toward my run.)
Late night snack:
Banana walnut bread slice

No comments :

Post a Comment