Wednesday, November 06, 2013

06 November 2013

Breakfast:
Coffee w/almond milk
(Four hours of sleep and a final in a few hours. What a great day. I really wish I could sleep before "big" events.)
Snack:
Red delicious apple
 Lunch at Don Don, Carlton, Melbourne, Australia:
Tofu curry don
(Lunch with some pals before finals! I haven't eaten rice in so long! The best part of this meal was the red pickled daikon, but the carrots were a close second. They actually tasted like the carrots in Vietnamese beef stew, so I guess the curry and stew share similar spices.)
Snack from the BossMan Food booth at Queen Vic's Night Markets, Melbourne, Australia:
Cassava chips w/tomato sauce
(Fresh and hot! Mmm. These cassava chips were a cross between regular potato chips and sweet potato chips; they had the starchyness of regular potatoes, but the lightness and subtle flavour of sweet potatoes/yams. I really liked the light seasoning as well, because the light sweetness of the cassava root was able to shine through.)
Snack from the Bianco Latte cart at Queen Vic's Night Markets, Melbourne, Australia:
Peanut butter chocolate ice cream
(I was trying to decide between this cart and this bigger ice cream booth, but I went for the little man. Plus, the other stand looked a bit too artificial. Definitely a good choice- the ice cream was smooth and creamy without being too heavy. I also liked how the peanut butter ice cream wasn't too peanut buttery or artifical-tasting. Chocolate is always a plus and it had the right sweet/salty balance. However, I think my palate isn't used to dairy or sugary foods because this started tasting really ... off toward the end. It was still good, but I kept thinking about frozen fruit with almond milk.)

No comments :

Post a Comment