Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hello, Sydney!

26 Nov

So tired. Late night delayed flight into Sydney  = sleep deprived. I got in when I should have been asleep for over several hours so I was wired. 

Late night chilling in McDonald's, Sydney, Australia:
Coffee, apple pie, garden salad
(I can't believe I'm in McDonald's. At least the booth is comfy and there's a ton of fellow airport stragglers. Ugh. Can't leave until dawn. I really don't know if I can stay awake for that long. On a brighter note, there's free wi-fi and the apple pie tastes like the same ones I had way back then! Except the pastry here is less flakey and soft and more fried.)
Snack:
Milk lingonberry chocolate
Snack from 7-11, Glebe, Sydney, Australia:
Krispy Kreme glazed donut, black coffee
Snack:
Dark blueberry chocolate
Snack from Le Petit Tarte Cafe, Glebe, Sydney, Australia:
Soy cappuccino
Soy cappuccino 
The guy here is so nice! And he gets a lot of regulars because I saw five people come in while I was deciding and he automatically labelled several cups of coffee with their specific orders. 

Snack from La Banette Bakery, Glebe, Sydney, Australia:
Custard muffin
Custard muffin
The lady gave this to me for free! Can't believe this would have been $3. Nothing really special though.

Almond croissant (ate a corner)
(Strangest almond croissant ever. It's covered in a thin layer of cake and has a custard-esque filling as opposed to marzipan. I don't know how I feel about it, but I prefer my traditional almond croissants.)

Prune & raisin bread (broke off a piece)
Prune & raisin bread (broke off a piece)
Pretty good! Slightly over-baked, but I like the bitter baked plum and sweet raisin contrast. The texture is also spot-on, with a crusty, crisp exterior and soft, chewy interior. I think I like this bakery's bread a lot better than their pastries.

Snack (bought from a supermarket):
"Summer roll": raw salmon w/avocado, carrots, cucumbers & mixed greens wrapped in rice paper (ate four)
(Like a sashimi salad. Yum. Ate this at a local park because I felt like having a picnic. But then the kids started throwing pieces of bread closer to where I sat and I freaked out. I hate how many birds there are here!!! NOT MY IDEA OF FUN.)
Snack:
Finished the rest of the almond croissant
(Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the cake/shortbread layer on top or custard-esque filling.)

No comments :

Post a Comment