Friday, November 08, 2013

08 November 2013

It's my last full week in Melbourne! :(

Breakfast:
Red delicious apple
Snack from Market Juice at Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne, Australia:
The Nutty Professor: fresh pb, Nutella, banana, yogurt, milk & ice
(Told them to add less milk since I hate ultra runny smoothies and I can't drink a lot of fresh milk nowadays. This was the perfect post-workout smoothie and the fresh peanut butter bits made my afternoon. I also liked how the chocolate flavour didn't overpower the pb and vice versa, which meant that my minor hazelnut allergic symptoms wouldn't flare up! Double cheers. The best part of the shake was that it resembled a thick milkshake enough to make me really happy and it was way healthier.)
Snack from the Borek stall at Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne, Australia::
Spicy potato & veggie borek
(I was just going to have a freshly pressed juice, but decided to eat this instead. The dough can't be beat! I was going to try their spiced lamb, but I'm not really a big fan of lamb in general.)
Snack:
Frozen mixed berries w/oat milk and topped w/all-bran & cashews
(I always hear comments about how "I'm not an all-bran (wo)man, contrary to what you believe, it's my [spouse/medical advisor] that makes me eat this crap", but I actually really enjoy all-bran cereal. It's the perfect snack because you can eat it plain, use it as a topping, mash it and make it into a crust, add it in batters, and so on. It's super versatile and I think it tastes great, but I do have a fondness for "bland" foods. I forgot how much I loved this cereal until I was cereal shopping today and every single box had at least half of a day's worth of sugar in there. So it probably took me an hour to finally settle on this cereal and when I was trying to find my usual unsweetened almond milk, I couldn't find a carton anywhere! Went to three markets and none of them had the kind I usually drink so I settled on oat milk. This is a bit creamier than the almond milk sold here, but I don't mind. I normally don't get oat milk because I can make it and I eat a lot of oatmeal already, but desperate times call for desperate measures.)
Snack:
Cashews & all-bran w/oat milk
(Mmm. This is a really good mixture!)

No comments :

Post a Comment