Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hobart to Richmond

Explored the famous Salamanca Market today with a friend I made last night. Found it to be rather underwhelming.

Biking 30km today to the historic town of Richmond, so I'm really glad the weather's cooperating.

Edit: NEVER in my ENTIRE life have I been so glad to see a town sign. What was supposed to be two hours max turned into five because I suck at directions (even when explicitly stated) and had to bike up four extra hills. 

Breakfast:
Banana
(Going to be eating a lot of bananas this week for the potassium.)
Sample at some spread booth in the Salamanca Market, Hobart, Tasmania:
Mustard & sundried tomato
(Strong mustard flavour that pretty much masked the tomato flavour.)
Jostaberry jam
(Tasted like a tarty blackberry jam, but I'm not really into jams.)
Lunch from Lower Deck Mures - The Seafood People at Victoria Dock, Hobart,  Tasmania:
Seafood chowder with garlic bread, coffee
(I think I'm going to be drinking a lot of coffee, even though I slept for almost fourteen hours! The seafood chowder was salty, as expected, but I can't walk around a harbour without getting chowder. Well, that's not true but I really miss SF chowder bowls. I also hate garlic, but it wasn't too bad after I soaked the focaccia bread into the soup. )
Snack on the road:
Slice of bread w/pb
(I'm exhausted and this isn't even halfway!)
Snack on the road:
Slice of bread w/pb
(Turns out I'm lost on some rural highway - after I just biked up two hills and had a car full of teenage dudes stare at me huff and puff. Super awkward. Okay, I promise I'll keep these comments more food-centric.)
Dinner at Anton's Best of Tasmania Pizza, Pasta & More, Richmond, Tasmania:
Veggie pizza: roasted capsicum, sweet potato, baby spinach, artichoke and pineapple (ate half)
(Apparently the food in this historic town is pretty good, although the wine place across the street is supposed to be the "best" of the entire trip (according to previous bikers from the company I rented my bike from). Not big on wine so I chose pizza. The crust wasn't those thin types but nice and doughy. Crispy without being burnt, although I wish there had been cornmeal on the bottom. I loved the toppings; most veggie pizzas have onions or mushrooms but not this one! I had them add the pineapple though. Also, I never quite understood that potato as a pizza topping craze awhile back, but I quite enjoyed it.)
Night Tea at Mulberry Cottage B&B, Richmond, Tasmania:
Black tea w/milk
(The owner is such a sweetheart. When I got back from dinner, she asked if I wanted a cup of tea and how I liked it. Then she put this in her lounge area! There's no sugar because I told her I didn't take sugar, but wow. I'm really into this.)

No comments :

Post a Comment