Thursday, November 14, 2013

14 November 2013

My last night here in Melbourne before I disembark on my crazy journey. I'm exhausted and I haven't even begun yet!

Since I won't have access to a computer or service half of the time, I won't be able to update daily anymore. The blog formatting will most likely be unedited, since I'll post the photos from my phone (better to have them posted and later edit them than go through two months worth of food pictures and catalogue them).

Breakfast:
Warm apple, blueberry & chickpea salad
Snack:
Green bean, corn, baby corn, carrot & pea w/black pepper
Snack:
Peas & corn kernals w/black pepper
Post-finals celebration at Il Dolce Freddo, Melbourne, Australia:
Audrey's green tea and salted caramel gelato
(Pretty! I actually had a sample of the salted caramel before Audrey got to the shop and found it to be very smooth. There was a lot more emphasis on the caramel than salt, but that was kind of expected.)
Pistachio gelato milkshake
(Joe and I have been talking about milkshakes, and my cousin insisted that I try her favourite gelato place, so two in one! This strangely had a coconutty aftertaste and I don't think I was a fan. The poor employee kept asking if this was thick enough for me, but I couldn't say no so I just took it. It is a lot thicker than most milkshakes I've seen around here, but it's still like milk compared to American milkshakes. Perhaps I should have stuck to a classic milkshake flavour.)
Snack:
Peas & corn kernals w/black pepper
Snack:
Frozen watermelon hand-blended w/oat milk
(Even better than the gelato I had earlier! Something must be wrong with my tastebuds...)
Snack:
Peas & corn kernals w/black pepper

No comments :

Post a Comment