Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Swansea to Bicheno

Biking along the coastline is gorgeous (I'm still partial to the PCH though), but the wind is horrible. Not bad if it's with you, but like yesterday, I have a feeling it's going to be against me the entire time. 

Breakfast:
Chocolate cookie w/pb
(Last cookie!)
Warm pb sandwich (3), carrot (2)
(I guess I should have just made one big sandwich instead of three half ones. Also finished up the carrots just in case they go bad.)
Snack at Pork's Place, Bicheno, Tasmania: 
Banana split w/chocolate & vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, caramel, whipped cream & nuts
(FINALLY REACHED BICHENO. The owner here was so nice and made me an American-style sundae. I devoured this in ten minutes. So good. Not super traditional, but I liked how there wasn't much whipped cream and there was no marshchino cherry. This place is also ridiculously cheap compared to any place I've seen in Australia. I kind of want to go back tomorrow and get another one, but I need a sugar break.)
Snack from Pork's Place, Bicheno, Tasmania:
Chocolate 'thick'shake
(The cheapest 'thick'shake I've seen and it's actually thick! The guy gave me two straws because "I'll need it", but it wasn't actually that thick. More like a regular American shake but still on the runny side. Milkshakes here are flavoured shaken milk, of all the things to drink.)
Snack from Bicheno Caravan Park Takeaway, Bicheno, Tasmania:
Fish burger w/salad, carrot, beet root & cheese
(Was going to get a veggie burger but I'm at a "beach" town and seafood is their specialty, so why not? Plus this is healthier than fish and chips. They also gave me a package of tartare sauce, but I was too icked out to eat it. The burger was pretty good, but I'm still partial to quinoa and lentil patties.)

No comments :

Post a Comment