Friday, November 15, 2013

Hello, Hobart!

Flew into Hobart, Tasmania around 7AM this morning. Absolutely knackered.

While Tasmania is still part of Australia, I can't believe how different it is down here!

Breakfast at KT's Cafe, Hobart, Tasmania:
Cappuccino
(Much, much needed.)
Toasted smoked salmon, tomato and spinach sandwich
(Not something I would normally eat but I felt like I needed something heavier than fruit.)
Snack at the Cadbury Chocolate Factory Cafe, Claremont, Hobart, Tasmania:
Dark hot chockee
(Advertised as the best in Tasmania, but I think it wasn't chocolatey enough. Was pretty good if you prefer milk hot chocolate as opposed to liquid chocolate though.)
Apple and cinnamon muffin
(I think I got tricked into buying this. Loved the apple chunks but it was very dry. I dipped most of it into the hot chocolate.)
Snacks at Cadbury Chocolate Factory:
Dark chocolate truffle of some sort
Strawberry (or some other berry) and cream truffle
(Not a fan.)
Cherry Ripe (cherry and coconut) chocolate
(Disgusting. Ate a tiny bite and threw the rest away.)
Snack from Pulp Friction, Hobart, Tasmania:
Go-Go Ball: spirulina, goji berries, dates, sesame seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds & Brazil nuts
(Really liked this. Not too sweet and perfect amount of chewiness. I'll have to make this when I get back to my blender.)
Date and ginger biscuit
(Smelled amazing! Wish there hadn't been eggs in here, but I was definitely a fan of the taste. Subtle sweetness, crumbly texture and just really wholesome tasting. The little kick of ginger was really nice too.)
Snack from Tea Tea, Hobart, Tasmania:
Ginger, beet root, carrot, celery and lemon juice
(Much needed.)

No comments :

Post a Comment