Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sydney

27 Nov

I don't like Sydney. There are too many aggressive birds here. However, they have kale! Is it weird if Sydney gets points mostly because there's kale in markets here?

Breakfast (provided by the hostel):
Toasted sesame roll w/pb, cornflakes & mixed greens, tea
They provided the carbs and pb, I added the greens. Looks gross, but tasted good! 

Snack:
Pb, cornflakes & mixed greens sandwich on a sesame roll

Snack:
Pb & mixed greens sandwich on prunes & raisin bread

Snack from Purple Cow in Market City Plaza, Haymarket, Sydney, Australia:
Green tea & original frozen yogurt w/mixed berries
Wanted frozen yogurt instead of ice cream, which now makes me wary as much as I love it. For some reason, yogurt gives me less of a stomachache and less pukey. This yogurt wasn't as tart as I would have liked, but kudos to the green tea actually tasting like green tea instead of green sugar.

Snack from a nut & fruit stand in Paddy's Market, Haymarkef, Sydney, Australia:
Dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts
I love dark chocolate macadamia nuts. I used to beg my parents to buy me those Hawaiian chocolate macadamia nuts every year when I saw them in markets. These are so much better because I prefer this ratio and the nuts are roasted.

Snack from another nuts & fruit stand in Paddy's Market, Haymarkef, Sydney, Australia:
Honey cashews, honey macadamia nuts
So good! I had a couple because the sugar got overwhelming. Saving these for  my trip to the airport. 

Snack:
Summer salmon rolls, Asian pear (didn't finish), Barlett pear, mangoes (didn't finish)
Too much fruit. The Asian pear was so good though; that particular kind is my favourite type of pear! If you haven't tried a Asian pear yet, you're missing out. Super juicy and crunchy, with the perfect amount of sweetness. It's like sipping your first drop of water after a long trek through the desert - the sweet juice just glides down your parched throat like a nectar of the gods. Wonderful stuff this pear.

No comments :

Post a Comment