Monday, November 25, 2013

Good-bye Adelaide!

I'm going to miss this place. Wish I could stay for another day, but I'm off to Sydney!

Early breakfast:
Mashed banana w/coffee
Snack from The Eat Clean Organic Kitchen, Adelaide, Australia:
Green Machine smoothie: avocado, mint, banana, spirulina, kiwi, honey, kale
(I substituted the spinach kale. First place that I've seen with kale besides this one place in Central Market. I could drink green smoothies all day! Yum. Hah, such a Californian thing to say.)

Snack from GenkiRoll in the 77 Food Court at Rundle Mall, Adelaide, Australia:
Salmon & avocado roll, pumpkin & sesame roll
(The pumpkin roll was so good! New favourite. Perhaps it's also because both rolls were freshly made, but I think these two are the best I've had since arriving to Australia. I also walked around five different food courts before deciding on these rolls. For one mall, there is a lot of food options.)
Snack at IKEA - Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia:
Coffee, rhubarb tart
(Rhubarb tarts are a thing here. Not bad, but I wish the filling to crust ratio had been better.)
Smoked salmon wrap
(That's paper in the picture; the actual wrap was more like pliable pita bread. Very soft and thin. I quite enjoyed it.)
Mixed greens salad w/tomato, capsicum, corn & beetroot
(I really like how they have beetroot here! I didn't get the meatballs, but I liked how the servers put a Swedish flag on each serving. Cute.)
Snack at IKEA - Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia:
Peach gummies, watermelon gummy, strawberry gummy
(The IKEA here has a candy bar! More reasons to love Adelaide. I had to really resist. Surprisingly, the gummies were pretty good!)
Chocolate covered almonds, orange milk chocolate, dark chocolate blueberry squares, milk chocolate lingonberry squares
(The chocolates were also surprisingly good! Flavourful. I only had one of each blueberry and lingonberry square but ate all the rest. There are bits of blueberries an lingonberries in each respective square! I actually really like those chocolates. Hopefully the IKEA in Melbourne or Palo Alto sells these.)

No comments :

Post a Comment