Wednesday, August 20, 2014

20 August 2014

Okay, so I guess I'm a failure at eating out. But thirty seconds to walk to my kitchen versus thirty minutes (or more) to walk to some eatery? Efficiency matters here! 

Breakfast:
Spaghetti w/green beans, spinach corn sauce & cayenne pepper
(My former flatmate left behind some spaghetti and half a jar of marinara sauce so I decided to use it. I figured green beans were angel hair pasta-esque so I just threw them in the pasta pot. The marinara sauce had a lot of garlic in it though, and I hate garlic. I might have gone a bit overboard with the corn and spinach, but I much prefer this than some garlicky tomato sauce. Also added in some almond flour and ground flaxseed to make the "tomato-based" sauce chunkier and more filling. Totally experimental, but it surprisingly worked! The sauce was actually quite creamy in the end and had a lot of complex subtle flavours.)
Snack:
Green tea, guava kombucha
(I wasn't a big fan of this guava flavour, but I did enjoy my green tea! Can you spot my thumbs up?)
Lunch:
Spaghetti w/green beans, spinach corn sauce, avocado slices & cayenne pepper
(Added the last of my avocado in and it just made this dish ultra creamy and rich.)
Dinner:
Frozen pineapple chunks, frozen blueberries, frozen mango chunks, silvered almonds, walnut bits, dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs, pb, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, cayenne pepper & flaxseed milk
(Dessert for dinner always works.)

No comments :

Post a Comment