Monday, August 25, 2014

25 August 2014

I turned in my black key today - leaving in less than three days!

Breakfast:
Tea, chocolate quinoa porridge w/cinnamon, cayenne pepper, silvered almonds, almond flour, cacao nibs, dried cranberries, walnut bits & a bit of tumeric
(I woke up this morning and even though the temperature was 76 °F, I felt really cold and turned on the heat. Probably the only apartment with the central heat on. This breakfast also helped warm me up.)
Snack from Ryan Crown's Juice Club, Philadelphia, PA:
On juice: red beet, carrot, lime, ginger, parsley & fem-restore
(Not one of my favourite blends. The red beet and lime flavours do not complement each other well in a juice.)
Lunch:
Kale, pineapple & mango smoothie topped w/cacao nibs
Snack from Ryan Crown's Juice Club, Philadelphia, PA: 
Take it easy juice: cucumber, basil, apples, mango, chamomile-passionflower, mugwort, kava kava, valerian, California poppy & American skullcap
(This was really good! Super fruity and naturally sweet thanks to the mango. I could imagine drinking this at the beach or by the pool. Normally the cucumber and basil flavours are really strong, but surprisingly, the mango outshadowed both. I don't know if this juice really helps the drinker unwind but it tastes great.)
Dinner:
Quinoa porridge w/pineapple chunks, cinnamon, almond flour, dried cranberries & cacao nibs
(Getting a little tropical with my porridge.)
Snack:
Mango chunks w/cayenne pepper, almond butter & cacao nibs
(This reminds me of those spicy mango sticks that every Hispanic neighbourhood seems to have. It's a really good flavour combination!)
Snack from Ryan Crown's Juice Club, Philadelphia, PA: 
Life regenerator juice: apple, celery, lemon, kale & ginger
(The kale and celery are inititally detected but are slowly overpowered by the lemon and ginger. I don't think the apple flavour was as prominent, although it did function as the sweetener. This is definitely a "green" juice though.)

No comments :

Post a Comment