Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Rainy, rainy Tuesday

I've finally had some time to process the death and it looks like the sky is processing the death of Robin Williams as well. Since I moved to Philly, the worst the weather's been is slightly drizzly but today, it was downright pouring. Sad, sad day.

In terms of public statements and processing, I think Sophia Bush's connected with me the most. It's a beautiful and heartfelt piece of writing, what she wrote is better than anything I could have ever penned regarding this. 

Breakfast:
Carrot juice w/chia seeds
Brunch:
Quinoa, oats & flaxseed blend w/tofu veggie stir-fry
(This stir-fry probably has the most random vegetable mixture I've ever done: celery, carrot, artichoke, kale, three different bell peppers and zucchini. I didn't think it would work, but I actually really enjoyed it! Lots of different flavours and textures that complemented each other; the artichoke hearts in particular added a chewy creaminess that I wasn't expecting but enjoyed.)
Lunch:
Quinoa, oats & flaxseed blend w/tofu veggie stir-fry
(I'll be eating this for awhile.)
Dinner:
Baby carrots, ruby red grapefruit pieces, spicy California rolls w/wasabi, ginger & soy sauce
(I've got four more pieces of this fake sushi before I finish it. Eating it with some fruit and veggies definitely helped mellow out the taste. I mean, it's not terrible - rather on the mediocre side - but I'm just a "picky" eater.)
Snack:
Dried mango slices, corn puffs, silvered almonds, cacao nibs, dark chocolate chips, walnut bits
(Yummy late night snack! I've got my chewy, crunchy, sweet, savoury, bitter and creamy. Mmm.)

No comments :

Post a Comment