Thursday, August 21, 2014

21 August 2014

I wake up at five most mornings, and it's incredibly frustrating to go out and wish that I could just try out some interesting eatery on the way back to my apartment only to have it not be open. When these places finally do open in the afternoon, I'm already settled in and can't be bothered to go out. Clearly, the early bird does not catch the worm.

Morning coffee from Lovers and Madmen, Philadelphia, PA:
Iced coffee
(The closest coffee joint to my apartment; I pass this place every single time I have to go into the office but I never knew it had one of the best coffees in Philly according to several lists! They brew Counter Culture coffee, which is based in North Carolina but has several training locations, one of which is in Philly. I guess that's why a lot of coffee shops around here brew Counter Culture coffee. I've also heard that Stumptown and La Columbe are pretty prevalent as well but haven't had a chance to try them or the microbrews yet. This coffee was rather acidic, which was disappointing because it smelt great and the initial flavour burst was favourable. Maybe they didn't actually cold-brew this coffee or the beans were a lighter roast than I'm used to...)
Breakfast:
Spaghetti w/green beans, spinach corn sauce, diced red bell peppers & cayenne pepper
(Adding some colour into my rather dull life.)
Lunch:
Carrot pineapple juice, spaghetti w/green beans, spinach corn sauce, diced orange bell peppers & cayenne pepper
Snack:
Mango kombucha, carrot pineapple juice
Dinner:
Spaghetti w/green beans, spinach corn sauce & cayenne pepper
(The last of my spaghetti! I'm kind of sad because this turned out to be really delicious.)

No comments :

Post a Comment