Wednesday, August 13, 2014

R.I.P. Lauren Bacall

I'm not into old, classic Hollywood films as much as my sister but even I appreciated Lauren Bacall's character, Schatze Page, in How to Marry a Millionaire (1953). One of my favourite scenes is when Schatze says,"marriage is the biggest thing you can do in life" but "if you don't marry him, you haven't caught him - he's caught you". The end of that monologue never fails to make me laugh. 

There's a lot of things I don't agree about in this film but thematically, I think it's relevant to everyone. It's cold and calculating with witty (humorous) banter and the right amount of cheese, so if you're ever looking for a twisted rom-com to watch, give this a shot.

Breakfast:
Corn puffs, frozen blueberries, frozen pineapple chunks, silvered almonds, walnut bits, cacao nibs, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ground flaxseeds, dark chocolate chips & flaxseed milk
Lunch:
Spicy California rolls w/wasabi, ginger & soy sauce, baby carrots
(Yay finished the fake sushi! Never buying sushi from an American place again. It's just not authentic enough.)
Dinner:
Quinoa, oats & flaxseed blend w/tofu veggie stir-fry
Late night flatmate chat snacks:
Ben & Jerry's half baked frozen yogurt w/vanilla blueberry granola
(I needed my two favourite guys. Unfortunately, I'm not used to dairy so I can't eat much without getting a stomachache; on the plus side, it's like built-in portion control! I actually get sick now if I eat too much ice cream. Sad world.)
Some vanilla blueberry granola
(I love me some KIND granola. This was the one of the last things I ate before I moved to Australia last year! I remember telling my mom that no, I did not need snacks for the taxing plane ride there but she wouldn't stop calling me until I proved that I had something to eat. Thank you Mom, because even though I was fed on the flight, I was not equipped to immediately go grocery shopping after I moved into my flat. The granola I bought at the airport before I left and the bag of dinner rolls my mom packed inside my suitcase saved me.)
Pineapple juice

No comments :

Post a Comment