Thursday, September 04, 2014

04 September 2014

Breakfast:
Cantaloupe chunks, honeydew melon chunks, banana slices w/pb, pan-fried potato slices & peppers w/flaxseeds, peaches & corn muffin
(I like any version of a corn muffin. The peaches and corn muffins always remind me of summer.)
Lunch:
Iced cinnamon coffee, mixed greens, baby carrots, roasted beets, cucumber slices w/flaxseeds, chickpeas, sweet potato fries w/BBQ sauce & salsa
(Val has roasted beets now! And it actually tastes good! This is super exciting news for me. On the other hand, the coffee here sucks if I drink it straight. Definitely needs a creamer, but rice milk is revolting with this coffee and I'm not a big fan of soymilk with coffee.)
Roasted beets, sweet potato fries w/BBQ sauce
(Didn't finish this, but the plate of food was wonderful. I love beets and sweet potatoes.)
Reader to Reader Shindig:
The delicious spread
Sparkling lemon cranberry juice, grapes, assorted cheeses, pita bread, tomato pepper dip, hummus
(The drink was alright, since I'm not a big fan of sparkling beverages in general but the food was scrumptious. I've forgotton how tasty Amherst catering can be. This tomato pepper dip is new, but oh-so-delicious when mixed with the hummus. It lightened up the creaminess and added a spicy kick.)
Grapes, pita bread, assorted cheeses, hummus, tomato pepper dip
(A second plate is always required at shindigs.)
Dinner:
Cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, sweet potato w/cinnamon & pepper, Moroccan stew, kale, baby carrots
Berry swirl cheesecake (2)
(Since when did cheesecake become a regular dessert at Val?! I liked it because it was cheesecake and ended up eating two slices, but the cheesecake was definitely overbaked and the graham cracker crust was really strong. I had to eat the crust and filling separately because the crust would completely overpower the filling. Also, the berry swirl was undetectable. I knew I should have lowered my expectations.)
Late night snack:
Carnival cookie from Claire
(One of the better cookies that Val bakes/caters.) 

No comments :

Post a Comment