Tuesday, September 16, 2014

16 September 2014

Breakfast:
Green smoothie* topped w/hemp seeds, watermelon slice, zucchini muffins
(I was really excited about the zucchini muffins, but they sadly did not have the texture or taste that I was expecting. I guess it was more like spiced sweet bread that was rather dry, although I think they added extra flour because zucchini usually moistens baked goods.)

*Green smoothie: spinach, OJ, peach, banana, mango, strawberries
Lunch:
Roasted beets, courgette, black bean cous cous salad, corn salad, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, farro, watermelon slice, apple
(I'm so pleased that Val offers beets regularly!)
Snack:
Jalapeno cornbread, dark chocolate covered almonds
Snack:
Apple w/almond butter
Snack:
Dark chocolate chip almond cookie
Dorm Tea Time:
Sugar cookie (ate 1/4), oreos (2), baby carrots, pretzel crips w/hummus
(That cookie tasted like birthday cake in a totally artifical way. Not happy. On the other hand, man, those pretzel crisps and hummus rocked my tastebuds.)

No comments :

Post a Comment