Tuesday, September 09, 2014

09 September 2014

Breakfast:
Pineapple chunks w/goji berry granola & pb, green smoothie* topped w/hemp seeds
*Green smoothie: spinach, pineapple, peach, mango, ice & OJ
(I love adding pineapple to my smoothies. Also, this better bust my cold.)
Lunch:
Lemon tea, raspberry crumble bar, baby carrots w/hummus & cayenne pepper
(Sometimes, Val gets the ratio of base to filling to crumble just right and raspberry dessert lovers can celebrate. I'm not a fan of raspberries unless they're fresh, but the minimal layer of jam enhanced all the other flavours. The initial tartness is slowly masked by sugary butter, the kind that people roll their eyes back for. While I don't like raspberry jam or the flavour of butter, I can appreciate the fact that these flavours were there and complemented each other. This dessert reminded me of a past edible, but I can't place it. I'm going nuts trying to figure it out.)
Veggie hummus wrap
Dinner:
Mozzarella, tomato & basil pizza
(Val needs a crust upgrade.)
Lettuce wraps w/black rice, hemp seeds, flaxseeds, samosa casserole & tofu stir-fry, baked sweet potato w/cinnamon & pb
Apple w/pb
Dorm Tea Time:
Strawberry ice cream, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream & mint chocolate chip ice cream w/banana slices & chocolate chips
(No tea was offered at tea time, but there's ice cream instead.)

No comments :

Post a Comment