Monday, September 01, 2014

Happy Labour Day!

It's also the last day of "break" before classes begin tomorrow.

Breakfast:
Banana, pb
Ancient grains hot cereal w/spinach, cinnamon & flaxseeds, grapes, apple (didn't eat)
Snack:
Oregon chai muffin
(Still good after two days.)
Freshmen BBQ:
Veggie burger (2)
(I think there were more upperclassmen than freshmen, oh well. My second veggie burger had cheese on it, which made it infinitely better. I don't know what patties were used, but without condiments and toppings, they almost taste like peppered textured cardboard.)
Snacks at the Activities Fair:
Hershey's kiss
(I forgot how gross these were.)
Mr. Goodbar
Twix
Snickers (2)
(I always forget that I like snickers.)
Sour gummy worm
(Blech. I like sour gummy worms in my head a lot more than in real life.)
Reese's pb cup
(I prefer the dark chocolate ones, but chocolate and pb is always a winning combination.)
Snacking in Claire's room:
Some sort of sweet/savoury sauce coated peanuts from Claire
(Claire brought these back from China! I have no idea what the coating is, but it's a blend of sweet and savoury which is simultaneously interesting and addicting. )
Some of Claire's veggie straws & pita chips
Dinner:
Zucchini corn fajita, sweet potato chunks, black beans, cilantro rice, jalapeno slices, chips w/guacamole & salsa, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes
(Val's fajitas have gotten so much better with the introduction of these corn tortillas. Getting my Tex-Mex fix.) 
Snack at the dorm meeting:
Bell pepper pizza, baby carrots w/a bit of hummus
(College hasn't started until you've eaten some sort of free pizza.)

No comments :

Post a Comment