Sunday, September 28, 2014

And the sickly season begins...

It's the time of the year when I start gulping down sources of vitamin C and taking astralagus root tonics like there's no tomorrow.

Brunch:
Green smoothie* topped w/hemp seeds
(Big boost of vitamin C to combat my cold! Why am I always getting sick?!)

*Green smoothie: spinach, cucumber, peach, mango, OJ, ice
Roasted potato chunks, beans & chard, cucumber slices w/pepper, roasted butternut squash
Spelt croissant, roasted potato chunks w/tomato soup & hemp seeds
(Basically, brunch was a bust. I thought my nausea from yesterday subsided, but it kicked in full force after this meal. All this food was essentially expelled. So much for my vitamin C boost.)
Dinner:
Ginger tea, quinoa porridge w/seaweed
(I can't even go near my tea and coffee bar without wanting to retch. That made me too afraid to go to the dining hall.)
Snack:
Jalapeno corn muffin
(Trying to eat starch. It didn't work. Jalapeno-flavoured edibles are not good when you're sick.)
Snack:
Corn muffin
(This stayed down slightly better.)
Snack:
Spelt croissant
(The closest thing I had to bread. Too buttery, but it helped more than the muffins.) 

No comments :

Post a Comment