Monday, September 08, 2014

Happy birthday Claire!!!

To the only girl I know thus far who believes that age is not just a number.

Breakfast:
Quinoa porridge w/banana slices & cinnamon
(That ten minute walk to the dining hall and additional ten to class versus five minute to class? I'll take the latter.)
Lunch:
French vanilla coffee, baby carrots w/hummus
Smoked chipotle tempeh w/chili, avocado & black bean hummus wrap
(I like this, particularly because of the chili sauce. There's something exciting and utterly raw about consuming spicy foods, almost like my tastebuds are a phoenix rising from the burning ashes. That being said, the tomatoes totally detracted from the rest of the flavours and diminished the spicyness. I love tomatoes, but I think one slice in this case would have been sufficient.)
Extra bits of Marie's wrap
(Marie is my food complement, most of the time she will eat what I won't and I'll eat what she won't.)
Dinner:
Roasted squash w/pepper, chickpeas, baby carrots, broccoli, cucumber slices, quinoa, hemp seeds, asparagus in tomato-based sauce
Blueberry cobbler w/cinnamon, mint tea
(Blueberry cobbler is so much better than the peach and whatever else Val used to make.)

No comments :

Post a Comment