Saturday, September 13, 2014

Claire's Birthday Party

Then after the show, it's the after party. And after the party, it's the [ ] ...

Brunch:
White bean soup w/mixed greens, mint tea w/lemon, lemon pineapple muffin (ate half)
(That lemon pineapple muffin was oh so disappointing. It tasted like neither flavour - just sweet batter.)
Waffle fries, onion rings, vegan nugget (didn't eat), three bean chili, roasted butternut squash, cucumber slices w/pepper, asparagus, hemp seeds
Post-practice ice cream at Flayvors of Cook Farm, Hadley, MA: 
Bite of Emma's cookie monster* ice cream
(Really enjoyed this flavour! Tasted exactly like my expectations but I'm adding some points for the fun blue factor.)

*Cookie monster - blue dyed vanilla ice cream w/cookie dough & oreos
Bite of Sam's chai tea ice cream
(Also delicious. I would have preferred this if the spices were more potent since the cream-base started to show its profile and lingered. Also would have been nice if there was some black tea in there to balance the cream. This tasted more like pumpkin spice anything without the sweetness, which I luckily love.)
Pistachio ice cream (+sample of ginger ice cream, not pictured)
(The ginger that I sampled was nice, but too subtle for me. I like my ginger strong, so I went with a classic: pistachio. Loved the amount of actual pistachios, but I wasn't a big fan of the aftertaste. It was very noticeable and I was initially indifferent about it, but toward the end, the aftertaste took on more artificial qualities.)
Yes, we do all scream for ice cream. 
Dinner:
Broccoli, carrot sticks, brown rice w/marinara sauce & pepper, cucumber slices, baked sweet potato w/cinnamon, celery sticks, hemp seeds, cherry tomatoes
Mint tea w/lemon, white bean soup w/spinach
Apple pie w/cinnamon
Claire's Birthday Party: 
Tiny sip of Claire's Andre champagne
(I don't like bubbly drinks, but felt like I should be a teensy bit festive.)
Tiny sip of this "jungle juice"
(Rather disgusting.)
7-up
(I hate soda. I basically took a sip of this, remembered that I hated soda and dumped it for some good ol' water.)
Post-party snacks:
Some chips from Emma
Sip of Andrew's drink

No comments :

Post a Comment